Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Stretch Marks. The terrible facts.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Markings of Pregnancy


Stretch marks the real deal:

I am a lotion freak now. But it hasn't helped those lovely markings from pregnancy that some people refer to as stretch marks. For some they are blessed with no stretch marks. Others like myself well there is no cure or help. It's hard to predict. At least half of all pregnant women get stretch marks, but no one really knows why some women get them and others don't. (BabyCenter, 2006). I have tried to gain weight at a normal rate of speed for pregnancy and in all reality I have. Doctor says perfect 1 pound a week during the 2nd trimester so far. Yes! So that is one thing on my side. Another possibilty is extra amniotic fluid. Could be numerous things I suppose. If gentics have anything to do with it well then there is no way around it. At this point I have accepted it, I think. I figure if this is the worse thing that has happened so far well then so be it. I lucked out and did not get morning sickness or some of the other weird issues that come up during the first few months. There is some good news in some readings I have done apparently stretch marks can fade a little bit. Maybe not completly disappear but they should fade some. Apparently laser treatments and some ointments can help as well. They may get worse but what can I do?



Reference

BabyCenter.(2006). Stretch marks. Retrieved November 28,2006 from http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/pregnancybeauty/1352276.html

1 comment:

codyandeddie said...

So I got one of these now but im not to sure how to navigate around it or subscribe to others help